- Webb Angela, ‘Handwriting now and in the future’, in ‘Writing: Making your Mark’, Clayton Ewan (ed.), The British Library, London, 2019.
- Marion DeBoard Sarah, Kilian Shirley C., Naramor Terri L., Brown Warren S.; ‘Normal development of bimanual coordination: visuomotor and interhemispheric contributions’, in ‘Developmental Neuropsychology‘, 23:3, 399-421, 2003.
- James Karin H., Engelhardt L., ‘The effects of handwriting experience on functional brain development in pre-literate children’, published by Trends in Neuroscience and Education, Volume 1, Issue 1, December 2012, pages 32–42.
- Longcamp M., Zerbato-Poudou M.T., Velay J-L., ‘The influence of writing practice on letter recognition in preschool children: a comparison between handwriting and typing’, in ‘Acta Psychologica’, May 2005.
- Nakamura K., Kuo W.J., Pegado F., Cohen L., Tzeng O.J., Dehaene S., ‘Universal brain systems for recognizing word shapes and handwriting gestures during reading’, in ‘PNAS’, December 11, 2012.
- Mueller Pam A., Oppenheimer Daniel M., ‘The pen is mightier than the keyboard: advantages of longhand over laptop note taking’, in ‘Psychological Science’, Volume: 25 issue: 6, page(s): 1159-1168, June 1, 2014.
Available from: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0956797614524581
- Tonfoni Graziella, ‘Writing as a visual art’; Intellect Books, UK, 2000.
- Andersch Martin, ‘Symbols, signs, letters – About handwriting, experimenting with alphabets and the interpretation of texts’; Design Press, Germany, 1989.
- Clayton Ewan, ‘The Golden Thread’; Atlantic Books, UK, 2013.
- Fischer Steven R., ‘A History of Writing’; Reaktion Books Ltd., UK, 2001.
- Berninger Virginia W., Wolf Beverly J., ‘Teaching students with dyslexia and dysgraphia: lessons from teaching and science’; Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 2009.
- Berninger Virginia W., Winn William D., ‘Implications of advancements in brain research and technology for writing development, writing instruction and educational evolution’, in ‘Handbook of writings research’; MacArthur C.A., Graham S., Fitzgerald J. (eds.), New York 2006.
Berninger Virginia W., ‘Evidence-based, developmentally appropriate writing skills k–5: teaching the orthographic loop of working memory to write letters so developing writers can spell words and express ideas’. Presented at Handwriting in the 21st Century?: An Educational Summit, Washington, D.C., January 23, 2012.
Mangen Anne, Velay Jean-Luc, ‘Digitizing Literacy: Reflections on the Haptics of Writing’ in Advances in Haptics, Mehrdad Hosseini Zadeh (ed.), April 1, 2010.
Available from: http://www.intechopen.com/books/advances-in-haptics/digitizing-literacy-reflections-on-the-haptics-of-writing
James Karin H., Atwood Thea P., ‘The role of sensorimotor learning in the perception of letter-like forms: tracking the causes of neural specialization for letters’, in Cognitive Neuropsychology, February 2009.
Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02643290802425914
Longcamp M., Boucard C., Gillhodes J.C., Velay J-L., ‘Remembering the orientation of newly learned characters depends on the associated writing knowledge: a comparison between handwriting and typing’, in Human Movement Science, October 2006.
Longcamp M., Anton J.L., Roth M., Velay J-L., ‘Visual presentation of single letters activates a premotor area involved in writing’, in Neuroimage, August 2003.
Harvey C., Henderson S., ‘Children’s handwriting in the first three years of school: consistency over time and its relationship to academic achievement’, Handwriting Review, vol. 11, 1997.